User Account Details
The first page to load when you enter the 'User Account Details', which gives an overview of all users registered with your particular site, by default this section will show 20 records per page, although there is an option listed to show all records.
This page will list your users along with the following citeria; UniversityID (If applicable), Forename, Surname, Date of Birth, Email, Alternate Email, the final column showing the View(), Edit(), Delete(), and Resend Fast Track Email buttons, we will cover below.
The Second section listed below the 'User Account Details' menu, is 'Merge User Account Details' screen. This would normally be used for students who registered before they came to college / university with a personal email address but who will automatically have a 'Student' account created for them after registration.
List User Details
View User Account details displays a summary of the user in question, offering;
- Profile Picture
- User email
- Date of birth
- Phone Number
- Opt out in/out Details
- Opt out of Union communication emails: [Yes/No]
- Opt out of NUS communication emails: [Yes/No]
- Opt out of all commercial emails: [Yes/No]
- Confirmed [Yes/No]
- Visited Registration Page [Yes/No]
- Last Login Date
- Userable Type
Below it then offers 5 Tabs showing more of the users history, listed in table form like so;
This is any membership related to a group (so any Clubs / Societies)
|Group Name||Membership Type||Status||Block/Unblock|
|Name of Club / Society||Type of membership purchased||approved/expired/pending||Option to block current members|
User Group Memberships
This is any membership related to a usergroup (these are the ones that control permissions, they can have one of several permission sets assigned to them, or none at all).
|User Group Name||User Group Type||Start Date||Expiry Date|
|Name of permission group||Type of user group (Group, Event, Union, other)||Date user was added||Date user will be removed from permissions group|
This is any event a user has attended since registered, and any future tickets that have been purchased.
|Event Name||Event Start Date||Event End Date||Ticket Purchase Date||Ticket Number||Redemption|
|Name of Event||DD-MM-YYYY||DD-MM-YYYY||Date Purchased (DD-MM-YYYY)||6 Digit Alphanumeric code||Yes/No|
This is any order that a user has placed through the online eShop
|Order ID||Date||Order Amount(£)||Order Status|
|Order ID, beginning characters unique to union||DD-MM-YYYY||Order Value in GBP (£) Sterling||Dispatched / Awaiting Dispatch / Collect In Person / Intl. etc|
Payment history has around 30 fields which we wont' list in table form here, but you can find yourselves fairly easily, the reason it contains this many is so that finance staff can find a detailed breakdown of price aroudnd VAT / Shipping / Charges etc.
The Edit User Account details screen is similar to the View User Account details screen, although with slightly less options listed, however it gives you access to change a users;
- Profile Picture
- Email address
- Telephone Number
- Session Timeout (in minutes)
- Date of Birth
- Opt in/out settings
- [Checkbox] To opt out of union communication emails
- [Checkbox] To opt out of NUS Emails
- [Checkbox] To opt out of Third Party Emails
The steps to delete a user account are fairly straightforward.
- Use the filter tool to identify the user you are looking for
- Click the Delete icon in the final column, in the same row as that user.
- A pop up will appear asking 'Are you sure you want to delete this user'
- Click okay, and that user has been removed.
Merge User Account Details
- Click on the Merge User Account Details section, beneath the User Account Details tab.
- Search for a user, in the first 'User email' box, as you type a drop down menu will suggest options, click on the account you mean to choose.
- At this point the page will briefly refresh, and return some information about the first account, giving you Name, and DOB, so you can confirm the user.
- Search for a user, in the second 'User email' box, as you type a drop down menu will suggest options, click on the account you mean to choose.
- As with the previous box, the page will now refresh, and load details of the account.
- Decide which account you want to make primary, and use the '[Mark as Primary]' button below it, which will then become highlighted.
- Simply press the 'Merge Users' button.
You will then be prompted to confirm whether you wish to confirm this merge. Finally you will be taken to a screen summarising the new account details, the email address of the second account will also be listed in the alternate email space.
Notes About Account Merging
On this section you can merge users if they have two user accounts, for example, this could happen when a student has not received their university ID they are able to still register the student union website with their personal credentials and when the student is provided with their university credentials, later on, you are able to search for the user via name/email and merge both accounts into one.